Week in Biking: Friday Recap
Jingle bells, bicycle bells, what’s ringing your bell? As the year’s end draws nearer we hope you find the waning days of 2013 filled with plenty of miles and smiles, and may you take a moment to reflect on the roads you’ve ridden and anticipate the ones you’ve yet to turn onto. Surly, Soma and a group of guerilla stripers have fueled our bicycle dreams this week; here’s why:
- We’ve got our hands on the Surly Straggler we first caught a glimpse of in the summer, and Soma is making mouths water with one beast of a ‘cross bike, the Wolverine.
- Want to speed up the pace of bicycle infrastructure in your town? You might find inspiration in Cleveland’s Guerilla Stripers, who are showing how a little DIY can go a long way.
- Revisit Amsterdam in 1972, and see what the fight against car culture was like before bikes ruled this city’s streets.
- Venture into the woods for a minute and a half at Bandit Cross in Minneapolis.
- Looking for the gift that keeps on giving? A one-year subscription to Urban Velo is just $18.
If you’re not feeling inspired yet then go ride your bike!