Week in Biking: Friday Recap
The wind is getting brisk and the sun is setting sooner, but that doesn’t have mean we can’t still have some fun. Besides, that chill is just an excuse to pedal harder, no? Catch up on the good stuff from this week and keep up with the pack:
- Heavy Pedal just released it’s aluminum butted Zephyr Track frameset, and it’s, oh, so neon. In a different sort of tribute the ways of days past, Garage 271 unveils the Lightning Clunker – a 26″ BMX Cruiser bike that is so much sexier than its name suggests.
- If you’ve been spending more time on the ‘cross course than the track, then take a look at the new ChrisCross rims and Cross Wolf tires from WTB.
- Take a load off your back and put it on a rack with Swift Industries Pelican Porteur Bag, and make some noise with BikeBeatz Portable Speaker System.
- The Armstrong Lie opens this weekend in New York, Los Angeles and Austin. Watch as Lance’s web of lies unravels.
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Ramadan in Jakarta with Xenia and Nic in Josh Estey’s newest video, Riding Through Ramadan, and get a glimpse of how World Bicycle Relief is empowering individuals as they climb towards delivering a million bikes in their powerful new video Mobilize Me.
- If you are anywhere near Philadelphia this weekend, you won’t want to miss the Philly Bike Expo. And If you happen to be (much) farther west, the California Bike Summit will be under way in Oakland.
About Krista Carlson
A regular contributor to the print edition of Urban Velo, Krista Carlson is a cyclist obsessed with bike polo, baking, pickles, and all things bike-y. She is a native Angeleno and is madly in love with the city and everything that makes it the beautiful, crazy place that it is.