Virtue Bikes

Virtue is a new San Diego based brand with a distinct edge over some of the other recent start up companies, they own bicycle factories in China and Indonesia. And with the means to control production, Virtue is able to offer complete bikes at roughly $300 retail. And amazingly, their bikes are 100% chromoly—every tube on the frameset, as well as the fork. They’re also interested in doing private label work for bike shops and aspiring bike companies. Check out www.virtuebike.com.

About Urban Jeff

I'm about to have a nervous breakdown, my head really hurts. Contact me.

View all posts by Urban Jeff →

1. cwSeptember 16, 2011 at 6:51 am

They look amazing, and I love that they are using Chromoly…but why do we have to build everything in China?

2. jorgeSeptember 16, 2011 at 9:50 am

Finally, a 100% cromo alternative retro to hi-ten bikes from Linus, and with a lower price to boot! Is there a catch somewhere? I wonder what the quality is, given they’re manufactured in China (instead of, say, Taiwan).

3. jorgeSeptember 16, 2011 at 9:56 am

It appears they offer their models in only 2 frame sizes. First red flag for me right there…

4. Interbike 2011 Coverage « Urban VeloSeptember 19, 2011 at 7:18 am

[...] Kool Knight Chain Light & Motion Urban Headlights Continental TopContact Winter II Snow Tires Virtue Bikes Dahon JiFo 16 Folding Bike Infini Lights Abus Mini U-Locks Lil Wayne’s Mixie Chrome Shoes At [...]

5. Virtue. The 0 dollar single speed! | Twisted SpokeSeptember 22, 2011 at 11:55 am

[...] thanks to Urban Velo for this [...]

6. oyshOctober 10, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Cheap wheels – not durable enough for commuting.

Haven’t heard about the other components.

7. paulJanuary 31, 2012 at 9:51 am

got one
    ride it
    love it
    super smooth and fun
    some kids on fat tires thought they could bury an old guy……Wrong!!!!!

8. Chris martinOctober 7, 2012 at 4:41 pm

The reason people manufacture in china is because u.s. consumers DEMAND lower prices. Simple as that. I was forced over there not by choice but because I wanted to stay in business. What cost me $400 to make here costs $120 to make there. And I ship all materials over from the u.s.. Maintaining control of the factory is the key. For all those that bitch about Chinese made 99% of them are unwilling to pay the premium for us made. The toothpaste is not going back in the tube. I just bought a virtue 6 from the bicycle stand in long beach ca. Of my 9 bikes this is the best I own . Bar none!

9. BushOctober 23, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Just bought a Virtue Soloist Stuck blue on white. It is my fav bike, a fixie, and I own three. Rides like a dream. Picked it up for 200$ from the 300$ that it was advertised at. Lovin it. Wish there were more reviews online for Virtue.

10. AndrewNovember 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm

We have a fleet of Virtue Six rental bikes and our customers love them. I have used one to commute and grab business cards. The bike is made of Chrome Molly and the frame is strong and durable. I would highly recommend these bikes.