All Out Fight Between Audi Driver and Cyclist!

Forgive me for feeding the machine of media violence, but seeing as how this incident was between a cyclist and motorist, I felt it pertinent to share. Sensitive individuals might want to look elsewhere.

Happy Friday anyways.

About Scott Spitz

Commuting, touring, kid hauling, couriering, mechanic work, sales, advocacy, fixed, free—Scott has had his hands in it all over the years.

View all posts by Scott Spitz →

1. John the MonkeyNovember 9, 2012 at 9:07 am

The bit where the cyclist goes “Why didn’t you wait? [until it was safe to overtake]” and the driver looks baffled & says “How do you mean?”

That’s how far we’ve got to go in the UK.

2. ἈντισθένηςNovember 9, 2012 at 9:35 am

Why bother to reason? Nobody listens. Pound the car to stay alive, beware of the road-rage of the witless driver, make your escape at the next intersection or light: carry on.

3. scottNovember 9, 2012 at 10:30 am

The “How do you mean” had me cracking up. I think that was the best part.

4. dickdavidNovember 9, 2012 at 11:38 am

Wow, even the road rage people are so polite over there (aside from the excessive honking). In Dallas, we had a Corvette driver stab a cyclist because of road rage.

5. Jason McCayNovember 9, 2012 at 12:09 pm

By “All Out Fight” I expected this to turn to physical violence. All I saw was a rather level-headed argument that ended rather peacefully. There wasn’t even any name-calling.

6. scottNovember 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Right Jason. It was a joke.

7. bobNovember 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm

aww soo polite

8. ZackNovember 9, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Though the initial interaction was pretty intense, they were actually remarkably calm in their discussion, I kept waiting for someone to punch the other. I wish I could have more discussions like that with drivers around here.

9. Eric JenkinsNovember 9, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Wow, I wish that I would have been that calm in that situation. I don’t know British traffic rules, who was at fault here?

10. BobVMNovember 10, 2012 at 1:12 am

Oh, this is civil. I was riding in downtown Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. No dialogue, but the driver drove at my speed and drove into my path twice. The second time I was falling down, but went down on his rear view mirror and it ripped off in a split second. When that happened, it was just enough to regain my balance and I rode off.

11. TerryNovember 10, 2012 at 8:39 am

I’ve always said that you got to watch those cars in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia–they got weak mirrors.

12. Nathan TangNovember 13, 2012 at 6:45 pm

This was not an ‘all out fight.’ This was a very civilized conversation between two people. If only drivers in America were this civilized to talk to cyclists.

13. Scott SpitzNovember 13, 2012 at 6:58 pmAuthor

The joking exaggeration was obviously lost here. You were supposed to think it was going to be a fight, because if some young kid jumped out of a car in the States that’s EXACTLY what would happen, not this humorous and stereotypical English interaction that ends in, “Have a good day.” Come on, that was hilarious.

14. NathanNovember 13, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Haha that’s bloody brilliant! See how they were able to semi-resolve the situation without coming to fisticuffs? Us Americans need to take note!

15. DimoNovember 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I wish I could keep my cool like that. Let us all learn a lesson here to be better than those pricks who value their latest wax job, more than our lives.